LIPOFABRIK is a young and innovative biotechnology company developing a new generation of highly efficient and biological pesticides. We are indeed specialized in secondary metabolite production through fermentation processes. Our main products are lipopeptides from Bacillus Subtilis strains. We target high potential B to B industrial markets such as plant crops protection but also cosmetics and cleaning markets.
LIPOFABRIK offers a position for “Formulation R&D engineer” who will be part of the R&D team developing lipopeptides based formulations.
Fixed term contract: 4 to 6 months, to start in November or December 2021.
Maternity leave replacement.
Training & experience
You must have graduated with a PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology or Biotechnology. You have an extensive experience and skills in bacterial cell cultures and preferably with Bacillus strains.
You will be part of a young and highly motivated team also counting with the best experts in Bacillus Subtilis and lipopeptides. Your main tasks will be:
- Test and set up lipopeptides highly concentrated formulations;
- Study and coordinate with our formulating or industrial partners best options to formulate an efficient, stable and cost-effective plant protection lipopeptides based formulation;
- Extraction and purification of biomolecules through innovative processes;
- Provide QC analysis and reports;
- Perform biological activity tests on plant pathogens;
- Participate to collaborative R&D programs.
Candidate must hold the following skills:
- Extensive experience in formulation of biological active ingredients
- Analytical skills (mainly HPLC and spectrophotometry).
- Ideally hands-on DoE.
You show a field-oriented approach with hard working capacities. You have developed excellent engineering skills; you are precise and reliable. You are able to take initiative in order to achieve the targeted goals. Being part of a passionate team working in an international environment, you possess good communication/writing skills and proficient in English.
As a fast-growing company, we might be able to offer further job opportunities, depending on our needs and the quality of work performed during this fixed term contract.
You can send your CV and cover letter in french or english.